Designing my Cover

18644996_1816290192031392_7658443184355147776_n(1)Once I had decided what I want my cover to include and after a lot of testing, I scanned in all the components I had produced. This included screen printed plant illustrations and layers of left over materials that I had used in my work over the course of the year that included my chosen colours. The outcome was effective, however very bright and almost garish. It felt a little too busy for a front cover. I did not want to loose any of the components that I had included therefor I began to think about how I could use layering to add an additional aesthetic aspect that still represented me as a practitioner. I removed the title from my first page in in design and copied it into a new blank document. I changed the colour of the title to a dark bottle green as I thought it contrasted well against the bold colours and I printed this on a thick plastic tracing paper. I then placed it over a print out of my front colourful front cover and I was really pleased with the outcome. My book instantly felt more interesting.

 

\

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s